Friday, March 4, 2011

Inspiration Board: A Jane Austen Affair

I spent yesterday afternoon packing for London while watching Emma, one of my all time favorite movies, and I got inspired to revisit and expand on one of the first inspiration boards that I ever made:  A Very Emma Wedding. Inspired by Jane Austen's literary tales of love + matrimony, late spring and the lush English countryside, I wanted to mix Regency-era touches like the calligraphy invitations with flora and fauna, canopy tents, a sugared fruit buffet against a mural background, empire and cap sleeve wedding dresses, and a beaded wrist purse with modern touches like a mix of soft and bold colors, colorful books, vintage key save the dates, silhouette cookies and tea and a romantic loose, wild looking bouquet.

Jane Austen Wedding

Credits: Clockwise from top left - Invitations {Peter Kruty Editions via Martha Stewart Weddings}, Emma movie photo {via}, peony, cosmo and tulip bouquet {The Green Vase via Martha Stewart Weddings}, beaded purse {Moyna via The City Sage}, books {Penguin Classics via Martha Stewart Weddings}, dessert buffet {Martha Stewart Weddings}, vintage key save-the-dates {Handmade Weddings}, cake and canopy {Martha Stewart Weddings}, empire + cap sleeve dress {Pronovias}, table arrangements {Snippet & Ink}, silhouette cookies and tea {Martha Stewart Weddings}, dress {via}, Ibthorpe House {JASNA}.

17 comments:

  1. Annie this is just gorgeous!!! Yes, tea and a book sounds perfect ;-)))) Such dreamy pictures. And that house...eek, can I please live there? With lots of gardens and books! Hope you have a wonderful weekend ;-))

    xoxo
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Annie! I love the silhouette cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you utilized such bright colors! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous board! Take me with you for tea, cookies and a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;) I have a silly smile on my face just because i know you are coming to Europe ;)) Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, I hope you have a wonderful trip to London! I have featured your beautiful Jane Austen inspiration board on my Follow Friday feature on Austenprose today. I know my readers will enjoy discovering your blog.

    http://austenprose.com/2011/03/04/follow-friday-marry-you-me-inspiration-board-a-jane-austen-affair/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh pretty! my grandmother was named after Jane Austen!! can't wait to browse your blog more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely perfect inspo board. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fact that you created it more than two years ago, and it's STILL inspired is proof of how great it is! A timeless look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous inspiration for a bridal shower party! Books and vintage keys -- the perfect accents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so want to move back to London. I am so excited for you both to have a greta life experience. Also to bring back amazing ideas for your amazing Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie,
    Wow...another Wow! So pretty with all the details. I love Jane Austen! Emma is a favorite character of mine.
    Have fun in London. Made my Saturday morning!
    Joyce Goeppinger
    Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Jane Austen! This palette rocks, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has really taken me back in time. It is so inspiring and romantic. Lot´s of ideas for a vintage wedding. And the cookies just delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails