Monday, March 7, 2011

Inspiration Board: French Patisserie Shower

Last Monday I shared some vintage cooking bridal shower inspiration with you, and I wanted to show you something else shower related that I've been working on. I came up with an idea for a theme and found some pictures to help my friend Cambria Evans of J.Bartyn Design + Manufacturing design a bridal shower invitation for Minted.com's latest design challenge. I thought of a French patisserie themed shower with an invite inspired by the lovely boxes from the patisseries of Paris like Laduree and Fauchon, but with a twist by adding in some punchy colors to make it more fun. I love what Cambria came up with for the invitation! Here's the final board I did with it all pulled together.


Sources: Clockwise from top left - vanity table {Ruffled}, cake and Sofia minis {Twig & Thistle}, laduree macarons {via}, dessert buffet {The Loveliest Day}, books and vase {Ruffled}, macarons {via}, Champs-Élysées invitation by J.Barytn {Minted.com}

17 days until we leave for London for three months! Been to London or live there? I'd love to hear your tips and recommendations!!

10 comments:

  1. Yes puhleese! This is gorgeous!! I take it you will be visiting my future residence ...Paris whilst away in London?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a student in London and I love the City, though would definitely recommend you take some time out to see other cities or counties around, I'm definitely still a country girl!
    Have a look at Design Mom's blog and all the comments for fun ideas to do whilst in the Big Smoke!
    Enjoy London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here is that link, sorry! http://www.designmom.com/2011/03/fabric-and-handle/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! The invitation is AMAZING, and so perfectly Parisian patisserie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooohhh!! this board is so pretty! tres bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to see my patisserie bridal shower shoot with inspiration from Laduree infused into this beautiful board + invitation! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I Adore! makes me want to be back in France and gorge myself in decadent macarons!!! Beautiful Post Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails