Saturday, April 11, 2009

Favor Idea: Homemade Strawberry Jam


My parent's next door neighbor is so sweet and brought my mom two huge cartons of fresh strawberries, and so my mom gave me one. They look and smell absolutely heavenly. I made my favorite (and so easy) recipe for strawberry jam last night so the husband and I could have some warm scones with fresh jam for breakfast today.

This inspired me to post about a favor any guest would love to get - homemade strawberry jam. It's a thoughtful, yummy favor that won't get left on the table or in the car after the wedding, and will be made with lots of love. Customize your label and cloth covering to your wedding - personalize your jars so everytime guests go to use the delicious jam, they'll remember your special day!
Here's the delish jam recipe I love from the November 2007 issue of Domino magazine:

* Recipe from Baker&Spice - a bakery in London. Use fresh berries in season, frozen berries out of season.
Ingredients:
4 cups strawberries
1 cup sugar
Directions:
Clean strawberries, cut off tops.
Put ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring and skimming off froth, until slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Let cool, then place in lidded canning jars.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails