Monday, August 30, 2010

Real Wedding: Catherine and Hans' Rainy Day Wedding

I woke up to pouring rain and fall-ish cold here in Oregon - I was slightly bummed (it's still August!) but lots of people seem ready for fall and fall weddings. So I thought I'd re-share this goodie, a rainy day wedding that is one of my all time faves. The rain can be so romantic and moody - and this wedding captures that perfectly! Somehow it just wouldn't have the same appeal in bright sunlight. The groom Hans DIY'd pretty much every detail of this wedding, from the invitations to the vintage typewriter decor to the brides headband (wow!) and dress (WOW!!). Looks like that and he can sew - he's a keeper :).

The couple's DIY styled engagement photo that they included with the DIY antique map/player piano scroll invitations.
Seattle LDS Temple in Bellevue, Washington - I used to live within walking distance! We used to walk these pretty trails located all around the temple...
The table decor featured a typewriter at one end with player paino rolls fed through that acted as table runners. Mismatched blue mason jars with lillies and candleabras completed the look.
Catherine's shoes are so fab with her adorable short bubble hem dress inspired by a Luly Yang dress but created and sewn by her husband.A typewriter cake - too cute.
Guests received jars of honey as favors that also served as placecards and indicated the guests' food choice.
Sigh - has the rain ever looked so good??

Blue piano engagement photo by Hans Johnson, all other photos by Goudey Photography

8 comments:

  1. Love her dress (made by her groom...what?!) and her shoes. Btw,do you still live in the Bellevue/Seattle area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm an idiot. Just read the first line of your post :) Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe we moved to Bend, Oregon about two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my fave weddings..used this one for inspiration for my own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this wedding, too! That's one crafty groom, and the whole event was so gorgeous. Maybe that's where my crush on short wedding dresses began!

    Hope you enjoyed a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeap... still one of my favorite weddings ever!!!! Everything was perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of those Guiseppe Zanotti heels! *sigh* I'm also floored by the gorgeousness of this rainy day wedding! ;~)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails