Thursday, December 10, 2009

Inspired By: Unusual Objects

There's so much gorgeous inspiration floating around out there for weddings, home decor and personal style, but I always delight in finding it in one little unusual place. I found half of my color scheme and a good dose of style inspiration when planning my wedding from the bottle and packaging of Prada's Infusion d'Iris eau de parfum. I had been thinking of a dusty, muted minty green in my head to pair with a baby blue and ivory for my color palette, and then I saw this little gem and the stars aligned. I had my green - it did exist in the real world! The bottle and box, and the perfume itself, all were intensely inspiring to me - they had that certain "je ne sais quoi" about them, a vintage, timeless, sophisticated romantic feel. Exactly what I was going for with my wedding theme.


Tomorrow I'll show you how this little inspirational find translated to my wedding. Have you found inspiration from an unusual source for your wedding/home decor/personal style??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails