Friday, December 11, 2009

Inspired By: Inspiration to Reality - Prada Infusion d'Iris

In yesterday's post, I talked about finding inspiration in unusual places. I became inspired for my wedding after first seeing the bottle and packaging of Prada's Infusion d'Iris eau de parfum. The dusty, muted minty green was exactly what I had been imagining in my head to pair with a light baby blue and ivory for my wedding color palette. Besides just the color and design of the packaging, the bottle and perfume themselves were even inspiring - the scalloped silver label, the textured green lid, the glass bottle, the yellow ivory color of the perfume - I wanted to incorporate elements of these into our wedding. Here's how it turned out:

dusty mint green

After finding the right color courtesy of Prada Infusion d'Iris, we found the perfect invitations by Carlson Craft from Invitation Consultants (top left corner). The design incorporated all of our colors, plus had a scroll design and vintage look.

The next element inspired by Infusion d'Iris would be my silver bouquet holder which mimicked the silver label on the bottle (top right corner).

The groomsmen's boutonnieres had lemon verbena in them - inspired by the color of the box and the citrus notes in Infusion d'Iris and a L'Occitane Lemon Verbena perfume I have that my husband loves on me. My hubby picked out his Robert Talbott tie the day before the wedding (cutting it a little close there hon!) but it had the perfect dusty minty green plus baby blue (middle top right).

Our guestbook table was decorated with pictures of our grandparents on their wedding days, as well as several antique perfume bottles that belonged to my grandmother as well as light green hydrangeas (middle right).

So the next picture isn't a picture of our real cake, but of the Laduree inspiration picture I gave our baker (bottom right). The cake piping was spot on for our actual cake, but the marzipan color came out a yellow ivory instead of the dusty green color it was supposed to be. In the end it worked out okay (ivory was one of our colors) and it tasted amazing.

Our signature key lime martinis were inspired by the color, but were also our favorite martini from our first date restaurant, Cafe Lucky Noodle in Eugene, Oregon. They were nice enough to lend me their recipe for the occasion!

All of our centerpieces and the bridesmaids' bouquets featured small light green hydrangeas (middle left and bottom left).

My maid of honor Morgan wore a Jim Hjelm dress in "honeydew", a dusty minty green color (middle left), while the other bridesmaids wore the same dress in light blue. The best man wore a dusty minty green tie by Robert Talbott, and the groomsmen and ushers wore the same tie in light blue.

So that's how I turned a tiny perfume bottle and its box into wedding inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails