Thursday, August 18, 2011

Inspiration Board: Berry Farm Wedding

I'm sharing my latest inspiration board today, which I  recently guest posted for my friend Melissa of The Loveliest Day. I adore the idea of a summer wedding around a berry theme, and seeing how we are in blackberry season here in Oregon, I felt super inspired to do a blackberry farm inspired board for a wedding. Berries not only provide great desserts for weddings, but also are amazing for color palette and floral inspiration. For a berry inspired wedding, these mason jar printables from Paper Crave via Cottage Industrialist are simply divine (these would also be great for barbeques, kitchen showers, baby showers, etc!) I love the idea of using unripe raspberries as boutonnieres, in bouquets and centerpieces. Use fresh berries in signature drinks like blackberry gin fizz or berry lemonade, in cardboard berry baskets as favors, in desserts like mini chocolate blackberry cupcakes, berry pies or for decorating cakes. A rustic farm setting at sunset makes for a perfect venue for this berry fete.


Credits: Clockwise from top left - Aqua dress with bouquet via Elizabeth Anne Designs, Mason jar printable inviations and envelope liners by Paper Crave for Cottage Industrialist, Garden rose and berry centerpiece via Elizabeth Anne Designs Pinterest, Plates on crate from The Farm Chicks, Boxes of berries photo by Corbin Gurkin via Marry You Me, Couple with pies photo by Sweet Monday Photography via Style Me Pretty, Blackberry gin fizz from Martha Stewart Weddings, Blanket photo by Gia Canali via Martha Stewart Weddings, Mini chocolate blackberry cupcakes from The Crafty Penguin

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous boards, loves those blackberry cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! This is true inspiration!! Adorable! Love berries with flowers, it's one of my usual choices!!
    Greetings from Italy.
    Laura@RicevereconStile

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! those canning jar invites are sunday's mason jar feature. hope you're doing well, my laughatong pal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a damn sweet board-love those mason invites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's NOTHING I love more than a farm wedding. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh this board is so pretty and yummy.
    Joyce Goeppinger
    Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blackberry gin fizz sounds delicious! And those cupcakes are fan-freakin-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog after googling "Boardwalk Empire fashion" - the pick you posted ware so lovely!

    New visitor,
    Liv @ bklynlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. JUST so you know...I am completely in love with every single post I've seen on your blog so far. From shoes to s'mores, you have my heart! I am barely breaching the banks (holy alliteration, Batman...) of wedding planning, but I seriously cannot wait to incorporate all the inspiration that's coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm about to bake a Strawberry Basil pie...so this is so fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this! Somehow it reminds me of weddings at the Lavender farms on Maui! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails