Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vintage Summer Picnic

Because I don't just love weddings but also entertaining in general, I wanted to share this sweet summer picnic that reader Lisa sent my way! She put together a cute vintage inspired summer picnic in the park with a classic picnic menu including sandwiches, fried chicken and macaroni salad.

From Lisa: "I used plenty of little lanterns, old soda crates, fresh flowers, and my mom's vintage tablecloth to set the table."

"Jars are an excellent way to hold picnic food! They transport easily and look much prettier than tupperware. It's a simple way to add beauty to the table and still keep it functional."



"Wrapping each sandwich individually in parchment paper
gives it that extra special restaurant style touch!"

Wrapping plastic cutlery in cute patterned napkins and trying them with twine is such an inexpensive and fun way to bring some cuteness to utilitarian items.

"I used mini buckets for individual beverage icers to keep drinks super cold."

Lisa's American Summer Picnic Menu:
Homemade Cold Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Sandwiches filled with cold cuts and veggies
Egg Salad sandwiches
Macaroni salad 
Fresh Melon Ball salad with a caramelized orange juice & ginger sauce
Tapioca pudding with fresh blackberries and whipped cream
Layered Green Salad with homemade dressing
Homemade Chocolate Sheet cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting
Gourmet potato chips

Thanks so much to Lisa of Moore Minutes for sharing this adorable picnic with us today! 

10 comments:

  1. what a sweet picnic - I would love to be invited to a picnic with food presented like this. Super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the parchment wrapped sandwiches! Such a great touch!! So glad you posted that bc as silly as it sounds, I never would have thought of that one my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for sharing this. You made me feel so happy and special. <3 I sincerely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the jars, baskets, and tin pails are so perfectly "picnicky"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing me here Annie! I can't get over how much I want to throw this EXACT picnic right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails