Monday, September 5, 2011

Vintage Travel Shoot from Chic Design Studios

When Kimberly Watt of Chic Design Studios in Salt Lake City sent this amazing shoot my way, I was so excited. If you know me or have followed my blog for a while, you know that I love me a vintage inspired road trip (see exhibits A and B). This shoot perfectly evokes a vintage-road trip travel theme with a modern splash of color from the lovely green and yellow color scheme, which, being a University of Oregon Duck, I naturally love! Vintage gas stations, country fields, retro dessert buffet, a bright ruffled cake and a splash of vintage Americana make this shoot so awesomely awesome. Scroll on to get lost in this lovely bit of retro road trip bliss...



















From Kimberly Watt of Chic Design Studios: "With the age of airplanes and fast travel, road trips are something of the past. We decided to make this our theme - thus the road maps, globe, and travel details. I chose the colors for the shoot because as much as I love soft pinks, peach, and cream, I was ready for something else! The colors yellow, green, white, and black were used to show brides they can achieve that great vintage feel with any color.

The fashion inspiration from this shoot came from the dress. My mother and I found the dress while searching through an old trunk of my grandmothers. We later found out that the dress belonged to my Aunt. I knew then that I wanted to see the dress worn by someone!

The dessert table featured a fantastic ruffle cake along with donut kabobs, cupcakes and old soda pop bottles displayed in a white tin to keep cool. The curly willow backdrop was the perfect accent to the table. The backdrop featured dancing ribbon and a vintage chandelier. The favor was a mason jar filled with trail mix and stamped with a “Thank You” tag. The flowers used in the shoot where orchids, china mum, roses, billy balls, and gerbera daisies. I chose this combination to show that you can mix the more modern orchids with the more rustic daisies and mums.

By adding these vintage details I hope guests will feel a moment of nostalgia and take a moment to remember past memories."

Thanks so much to Kimberly (and the fab Utah vendors who contributed to the shoot) for sharing!

Credits:
Photography - Ceniza Studios 
Florals & Staging - Chic Design Studios 
Table & Chairs - Alpine Event Rentals 
Cupcakes - So Cupcake 

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the color yellow! I love the yellow and white bouquet and the simplicity of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many different elements of that wedding that I'm in love with, the suitcase, color pallet, the cake, the cowboy boots. It feels so vintage. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just every kind of gorgeous-swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Annie for featuring this shoot! It was so much fun to put together. Everyone's comments are so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chic Design is amazing! Love working with her :)
    -Utah Events by Design

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails