Thursday, September 29, 2011

Our Love Session with This Modern Romance - Help Heal Isaac

Yesterday I read a post from photographer Stephanie Williams of This Modern Romance that really affected me personally. Her talented husband and photography partner, Isaac, has been battling with a sudden brain tumor and is recovering from a stroke caused by the tumor that has left much of his left side paralyzed.
Isaac and Stephanie Williams

I had long admired Stephanie and Isaac's work, and two years ago for our first anniversary Brandon and I were lucky enough to be able to have a day-after style anniversary session with them in Carmel, California where we were married. This charming, talented, funny and down-to-earth duo made us feel at ease and captured some of the loveliest pictures of us I've ever seen. We had such a great time hanging out with them during our session, and would have loved to have gone out for a drink and some dinner after our session with them, but alas they had to continue on down the coast to their home in Southern California. We've always talked of how much fun we had and how great they were to be with.

After seeing Stephanie's post yesterday, I wanted to help this amazing couple in any way I could. They have given Brandon and I (and all of their clients, or those who enjoy looking at beautiful work) an incredible gift of wonderful memories captured perfectly in some of the prettiest pictures ever. Isaac's  rehabilitation and medical bills will be expensive, and since they work as a team Stephanie will be soldiering on with work alone. If you can help out in any way (no amount is too small!) - I know Stephanie and Isaac would appreciate it more than words can say.



And now I felt it was only right to share the amazing pictures that Stephanie and Isaac took of us on our first anniversary...

Credits
Photography: Stephanie and Isaac of This Modern Romance
Dress: Watters
Birdcage veil & flower and feather headpiece: Brenda's Birdcage Veils
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik
Flowers: Floral Farm Design Studio, Carmel Valley, CA
Brandon's Suit and Shoes: Nordstrom
Tie: Robert Talbot

6 comments:

  1. such a beautiful post! we too had the amazing opportunity to work with Stephanie and Isaac on our wedding day, so glad to see the love and support amongst the wedding industry for such talented photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such stunning photos and a heartbreaking story. I'm glad they're on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first read about this on Stephanie's facebook a few days ago... they are such a talented couple. I do hope Isaac gets better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes to Isaac and Stephanie, my dad suffered a minor stroke, too, last April and currently, he feels he is carrying 10lbs in his left body, but he is recovering quite well. I hope Isaac will recover also, I will pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely photos. Thanks for sharing them! I have been a long time fan of Stephanie and Issac and it's heartbreaking to hear what they're going through right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking photos...my heart goes out to Stephanie xox0

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails