Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Marry You Me Guide to Royal Wedding Souvenirs

With the Royal Wedding just over a week away, I thought I'd share my favorite keepsakes that I've found here in London - no tacky tourist stuff here! I know many of you are burnt out on the whole Royal Wedding hoopla, but I'm in London so I'd be remiss not to talk about it, and these pretty finds just may change your mind. :)

My fave takeaway food spot + department store chain Marks & Spencer (aka M&S) commissioned illustrator Kate Forrester to design a commemorative tin for the Royal Wedding. I just adore the design so I snagged my own tin yesterday and am enjoying the yummy biscuits inside! 

This sweet china plate is the anthesis of tacky. Plate by The House That Lars Built on Etsy, $42.75

A giclee and letterpress print showing the processional route of the Royal Wedding. (I got this same design on a cute tote!) Print by The House That Lars Built on Etsy, $65, tote $22.50

The Official Royal China commissioned in honor of the wedding, made with input from Kate and Wills. Doves, white ribbons, with hearts in silver, gold and grey, are set against a pale-grey striped background. (I've seen the china and it so much prettier in person!)
I'm getting this cute "official" little pill box as a souvenir. We've ended up collecting different limoge boxes and pill boxes of places we've been since we started dating. The perfect small souvenir. Pill box, £25
Go for some Victorian era charm with these Royal Wedding Cameo earrings from Tatty Devine, £39

Tea towels are a much nicer name for dish towels, and I like the cheeky Brit-ness of this one. Tea towel, Oliver Bonas, £10

And what would a post about British souvenirs be without tea? Harney & Sons was commissioned by the Historic Royal Palaces to create a commemorative Royal Wedding Tea blend - "a union of Chinese mutan white tea buds, with almond, coconut and vanilla to taste, and a floral abundance of pink rosebuds and petals. A regal tea blend to celebrate a glorious occasion." Royal Wedding tea, Harney & Sons, $12 for 30 tea sachets

14 comments:

  1. I'm kind of 'over' the royal wedding already, but these souvenirs just got me interested again. They are so cute and not the ugly cheesy things you would expect! So pretty and great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!!! WOW can NOT believe you are there during this HISTORICAL time!!!! complete awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie!!!! Please, oh please, get me a royal wedding trinket while you are in London! Please, oh Please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this-so much better than Kate and Wills PEZ dispensers, and downright wonderful! The tea tin, the House That Lars Built, the Harney & Sons tea (while I sip Paris at the office!)-I'm absolutely smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are you!! I hope you having a great time in the UK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome that you're there during all of this! I, too, am kind of 'over' the royal wedding coverage, but like the above poster said...these souvenirs really made me excited! thanks for sharing. I'm adoring the dusty teal color used on the first two items. simply romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kate Forrester's work ... that biscuit tin is all kinds of awesome! Despite New Zealand being in the Commonwealth I'm not overly 'into' the whole royal thing although I'm curious to see what Kate looks like on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie - Love the Royal goodies...very fine indeed. I hope the Royal Wedding Tea is available in the states so I might enjoy cup while taking in the Wedding festivities early Friday morning

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, love your blog! Thanks for featuring our products! I hope you like your tote!

    Brittany
    The House That Lars Built

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, I would give anything to be there with you! It would have been a blast! Enjoy Annie and thanks for sharing with us! I'll be up at 2 am to see the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that top tin is a must have! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie could you be any more adorable!!! Seriously, this is just darling! How fun to be in the midst of it all! You are our official Royal Wedding expert! And congrats on the Style Me Pretty link love!!!

    xoxo
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought that biscuit tin for only 10 pounds on ebay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails