Friday, April 15, 2011

Inspiration Board: Turquoise and Fuchsia

Happy Friday dear readers! I have to apologize for the uncharacteristic blog silence lately. Being over here in London has kept me much busier than I anticipated, but Marry You Me has been my life for the past two years and I want to get back on track with my posting. I'll occasionally be sharing some of my favorites from the archives, which hopefully some of you have never seen before. Thanks so much for sticking with me! - Annie

This board was inspired by the photo of the bride with the fabulous Balenciaga scarf and the bike, and I picked up on the colors from the scarf to translate into a color palette of turquoise, fuschia, green and yellow. The bride's ruffled Melissa Sweet 'Billie' dress inspired the ruffled cake topped with fresh pink flowers, and the tablescape has a sophisticated and clean look with taupe, white and pops of pink. The gorgeous invitation by Amanda Joy is vintage and pure typography loveliness. I love the idea of patterns being used, maybe for the bridesmaids dresses or even for lounge seating during the cocktail hour.

Turquoise and Fuchsia

Credits: Click photo, then rollover for credits/links.

7 comments:

  1. Love! What a gorgeous color palette and board! Hope all is well, Annie!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This board is so gorgeous-sophisticated but playful, which is perfect in my book!

    So glad to hear you're busy (and hopefully having a wonderful time), and don't worry about us-we're happy to hang in there with you!

    xox, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!! You used the same fuschia in gold table scape that I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turquoise and Fuschia is a wonderful combination. :) Always been. :D The vintage typography loveliness =) suits well the ambiance in the photo of the bride riding the bicycle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ruffles on that cake! Aqua and fuchsia is one of my favorite color palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun colour combination... how could you not be cheered up looking at that!! Hope you're loving your time in London Annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a vibrant, fun color palette! I love the bride on the bike with the scarf! Seriously, she is picture perfect! Hope you are fitting in some fun with the busy ;-)

    xoxo
    kristi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails