Monday, February 7, 2011

Real Wedding: Backyard Vintage in Arizona

There is something so sweet, simple and endearing about a backyard wedding. Growing up, it feels like so many happy memories took place in our backyards. Having a backyard wedding creates a new memory for you as a couple and for your family, friends and loved ones who have all watched you two grow up to cherish. I love the warm and homey feeling that backyards give to weddings, and the money saver that they can be for couples not wanting to break the bank on their wedding. 

This Gilbert, Arizona wedding photographed by Ben Christensen is the perfect example. Kristine and Matt's wedding took place in a backyard surrounded by close family and friends, and tons of lovely homespun + vintage-inspired DIY details like lace and ribbon decorated backdrops, flowers in bottles, hanging tea lights and bistro lights strung in pretty swags all over. 

Thanks so much to Ben Christensen for sharing these today!

13 comments:

  1. I adore the back yard-iness of this wedding! (front yard bride, right here) I love his photography...I often scroll through his site and wonder how every single bride can be so darn gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ribbons and hanging lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful affair!!! Such a sweet wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS WEDDING!
    It's so gorgeous with all the different details! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Backyard Weddings are my absolute favs! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those hanging jars?! So darling! I just love backyard weddings, and this is one too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this wedding! That altar! The tables, everything is perfect...such a beautiful celebration, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a great DIY backyard wedding! The fact that it's in the great state of Az just tops it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the ceremony and reception backdrops are out of this world! I am marking this down and saving it for later events! And I never tire of hanging lanterns; the more the better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails