Monday, September 21, 2009

Real Wedding: Cara and James

When I came across this wedding, I couldn't stand how cute + playful it was or how much I loved the photography by One Love Photo. Once Wed already did a cute feature on Cara and James' wedding, but I was super excited when Heather at One Love posted even more pics on her blog so that I could share some from this sweet + fun wedding. The wedding was held at Juntunen Gardens in Mount Vernon, Washington, and focused on food, fun and games.

From Heather at One Love Photo: "When I met with Cara and James this past winter they had just started to plan, but at that point they already knew that tasty food and lots of games were the most important thing to them. They also agreed that they would pass on dancing and focus on bean bags and croquet instead. The reception had a lively feel since people could move around while they ate. The passed courses allowed people to really enjoy the lawn games that were set up outside the tent... It was so cool to see everything that they envisioned (and some extras) come together so perfectly on this beautiful summer evening."


From the bride Cara: "My bridesmaids and I wanted to do something unique and fun to help us get ready the morning of the wedding and through a connection we found The Hairstream Studio, an airstream trailer redesigned and outfitted as a mobile hair salon that actually came to our site on the day of the wedding."


I love Cara's swiss dot "Dora" dress by Melissa Sweet.
So pretty!




From the bride Cara: "My friends and family were huge in helping with decorations - my bridesmaids and I handmade each flag banner that was strung in the tent and between the trees, my mom sewed all of the beautiful table runners."



Cara's dad built this adorable lemonade stand.


From Heather at One Love Photo: "Cara and James decided to pass on a heavy buffet and plated meal, instead they served light courses which kept people moving and didn't interrupt any badminton games. Ciao Thyme catering did and amazing job with the food and presentation, for dinner they passed petite delicious courses."
Several of the dishes were handed out in white take out boxes. Such a cute idea.


Love this pic!





All photos by One Love Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails