Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Inspiration Board: Vintage Sailor Wedding

It's no secret I love all things vintage - I used to love going to my grandmother's house and playing with her glass vanity bottles (which I actually used at my wedding), atomizers and pouring over pictures of her and my grandfather, who was in the Navy! All of this inspired me to do this board... The Sailor and his Bride in gloves and a fur stole, soft blue and creme with pops of red, lace touches, vintage bottles, Chinese lantern decor (a nod to the groom's far east sailings), a vintage Sailor cake topper, and delicious cakes on a vintage striped fabric buffet. Simply lovely and from another time...


Photo credits: Clockwise from top left - Sailor groom and bride photo by Kate Headley via MSW, DIY lace napkin ring from Martha Stewart Weddings, glass bottle photo by Lisa Lefkowitz, gloves and beaded bag from Country Living, cake photo from Martha Stewart Weddings, vintage sailor wedding topper from Country Living, chinese lantern photo by Kate Headley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails