Thursday, May 12, 2011

British Roadtrip: Bath

Greetings from Bath! We're on day two of our British road trip adventure, yesterday we picked up our Spaceship camper van and drove from London to Bath, taking the senic way and stopping in Castle Combe - "the prettiest village in England". After walking around this 14th century village, I quite agree. Steven Spielberg just got done filming scenes for his upcoming movie version of 'War Horse' here.  
The village of Castle Combe
Our Spaceship van - "Rocket" 

 The Royal Crescent, Bath
 We walked around after dinner, and came across fire spinners in the park. After chatting with them and taking pictures, they insisted I join in. So here's me doing fire spinning, in a park, in the middle of Bath!
After the fire spinning, we headed to a haunted pub called Garrick's Head and met some actors who are in Bath touring with the musical 'Evita'. Meeting some of them for lunch today!

Today we are exploring more of Bath, having tea and visiting the Jane Austen Centre before heading to the Cotswalds.

7 comments:

  1. I love Bath, so many good memories. I can hardly believe it has been 10 years since I was there last. I was 18 & it was my first time traveling abroad. My eyeballs were like saucers, the majestic old building are unlike anything in the States.

    I hope you have good weather & have a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so divine-what an adventure! Also, your Spaceship has me giggling-it's just too darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gr. I commented and it's not appearing!! Anyway, this looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are taking advantage of your trip! Looks amazing! Bath looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how interesting. what an adventure that must have been. xoxo, chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The village is right out of a fairy tale! I'd find myself shopping at all the local stores, my straw basket in tow! So glad you got to getaway for a little trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you are having an incredible time, Annie! We love seeing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails