Monday, June 28, 2010

Inspiration Board: A Gatsby Garden Party

I was feeling nostalgic for the days of summer reading lists when I got to sit in the sun reading classics like The Great Gatsby. One of my favorite books of all time, it's also an amazing theme for a party or a wedding. This is a summer garden party take on the theme, with tents and long tables, lawn games, Charleston contests, champagne punch, bowties, hats, gloves and classic cars. Who wouldn't LOVE to go to a wedding like this I ask you? Actually makes me excited for my 30th birthday (a few years away still!) since the hubby said we can do a big Gatsby themed party :) You'll all be invited.

Gatsby Garden Party

Sources: From top left - couple kissing from Nested, save the dates by Lucky Luxe via A Cup of Jo, vintage bottles and bartender photos from Nested, chair photo by Agnes Lopez Photography via Style Me Pretty, limousine photo by Allyson Magda Photography via Style Me Pretty, DIY table number award ribbons from 100 Layer Cake, oxford shoe photo by Jenny Ebert Photography via One Wed, flowers via Style Me Pretty.

9 comments:

  1. I'm want to go to a gatsby garden part too!! love this board annie!!! great for summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Great Gatsby, it's one of my faves too! Also love this board:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great board - and what a fun birthday party that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Great Gatsby is, admittedly, a weakness of mine. This board is a wonderful representation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this is PERFECTION! Every element is just gorgeous. I just found your blog and am in love with it. I'm a happy new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bouquet!!!! Love the colors...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails