Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Very Emma Wedding

I have loved Jane Austen since I was in the sixth grade, and I especially loved the Gwyneth Paltrow version of the movie Emma. I think it would translate to the most amazing wedding, so I threw together this inspiration board. I love the look of the lush green English countryside, the Regency dresses, the patterned china, the silhouette program and cookies, the small strawberry cake (traditional English fruitcake, of course!), and my personal favorite and the inspiration behind the board - the apple lined "aisle". Let me know what you think!

Regency style dress by Pronovias, china and florals by Amorology via Snippet&Ink, strawberry cake by Wendy Kromer, evening garden scene from Domino, Emma scene @ imdb, Painter's Palette rose bouquet from Martha Stewart, recycled paper Jane Austen silhouette by papermenagerie, Regency era wedding party on Austenprose, silhouette cookies and tea on Martha Stewart, dress and apple aisle on imdb

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...you do know weddings!!! :-) I wish we could do it all over again...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails