Friday, November 13, 2009

Real Wedding: Stefanie and Matt

I have been excited to share this elegant fall wedding since I first saw the pictures almost a year ago! Stefanie has been a friend of mine since summer camp days, then we went to high school and played on the tennis team together. She also happens to have had an amazingly fabulous wedding that took place exactly one year ago tomorrow. Stefanie and Matt were married at the Santa Lucia Preserve in Carmel Valley, California with a perfect fall color palette of deep brown and orange. Stefanie and I shared the same wedding photographer - Tom O'Neal of TGO Photography.

From the bride Stefanie: "In the beginning of our planning process I was really having a hard time figuring out what kind of 'theme' I wanted. All I knew was that I wanted Matt and the groomsmen in suits, no tuxedos, and that we wanted to be married outside (a risky proposition for Carmel in November!). We wanted a relaxed feel but still wanted a somewhat formal look. After a few months of looking through countless bridal magazines I finally found what I was looking for. In a small picture in the corner of an article on fall weddings I saw a picture of a reception in a barn and I knew it was perfect for us. The Preserve has a great barn where they hold parties throughout the year so we had the perfect setting to recreate this look!"


Stefanie wore a gorgeous dress by Vera Wang. She went strapless for the ceremony, then added a halter strap and a brown sash to the dress for the reception.


The groom wore a suit by Brioni.


The ceremony site overlooked the Santa Lucia mountains, with a magnolia arch, matted aisle and candles perfectly decorating the scene.
The female guests found orange pashminas on their chairs to keep them warm during the ceremony.




"During the ceremony, actually putting the ring on Matt's finger and watching him put the ring on my finger definitely stands out as one of the most memorable moments of the day."





"I loved the coupling of the casual feel of a barn with the formal look of chandeliers and the place settings."

All of the amazing flowers were done by the talented Kim England of Fleurs Du Soleil.


The cake was "Death By Chocolate" from Layers bakery in Monterey.

The bride in an adorable fur caplet and the groom lead the way from the cocktail hour to the Preserve barn for the reception.

"Collete Cuccia was our amazing, wonderful wedding coordinator! I cannot say enough good things about Collete. She made our wedding the best day of our lives, so far. I can't imagine having gone through the process without her. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone getting married on or around the Monterey Peninsula."


Congratulations Stefanie and Matt on your one year anniversary... and on the baby boy you are expecting in a few months!!

2 comments:

  1. This wedding is amazing. I´m loving all the Fall inspired colors and details. Such a warm and lovely affair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reception site is perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails