Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seattle Boutique Chic

Since there are still bare trees, cold temperatures and snow (it snowed yesterday and is supposed to again today) here in Oregon, it still feels like winter to me. So I thought I would feature a winter feeling wedding. I saw Julie and Ken's wedding in the Fall/Winter 2008 issue of Seattle Bride and just loved the feel of it! So Seattle - trendy yet had a timeless and almost vintage feel. It took place at the Lake Union Cafe in Seattle, and Julie let the cafe's Art-Deco interior inspire her wedding. I heart her Vera Wang charcoal-and-cream dress on her, and the gardenia and ostrich feather bouquet by Fleurish is just too perfect! I love the whites, charcoal and deep blue colors she chose - so wintery. The cake by Jen's Desserts has to be one of the best details for this wintery wedding - it's covered in "sugar sequins" that look like sparkling snow.
White gardenia and ostrich feather bouquet by Fleurish

All photos by John and Joseph Photography: Blue Place Cards by Ilee Custom Invitations, Over 300 candles provided light at Lake Union Cafe, Bride and Groom outside Lake Union Cafe, White "sugar sequin" three-layer cake by Jen's Desserts

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm glad you found this wedding, I love the lake union cafe & that dress and bouquet! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails